Friday 29 July 2011

Omegle - the most disturbing thing in the history of mankind

Last week, my friend told me to check out a website called Omegle, and I was informed that it would be "really really fun." So I didn't have much to do this afternoon and decided to check it out.. Mistake.

I decided to go with 'Text Chat' at first and was instantly paired up with a 'Stranger' who instead of saying the traditional 'hello' or 'hi,' greeted me with 'SWAG' which was when it dawned on me that I had been paired with a Belieber. I didn't bother replying and so clicked 'Disconnect' to be paired with another stranger. This time I was pleased to be greeted normally, and was then asked 'asl?' I had no idea what it meant, so went with the reply: 'fine thanks, you?'  and with that, my partner disconnected and I was onto the third. So far, not so bad, but the third stranger I came across was when things took a turn for the worst. I said the usual 'hi' and was charmed with the reply: 'are you feelin horny babe?' With that, I clicked the red cross and got off Omegle as quickly as I could.

However, I remembered that I still hadn't explored what 'Video Chat' consisted of. What I should have done is realised it probably wasn't worth checking out and I should just stay off Omegle for the rest of my life. But I didn't. So up came Omegle and I clicked onto the 'Video Chat' option. Then my face suddenly appeared on the screen (not pleasant) and below it appeared a topless, and elderly, man. So I disconnected and moved on. I'm not going to describe what was on there after that because I can't imagine anyone really wanting to know. All I'll say is that there were barely any clothes and everyone was above the age of 70. I disconnected twice more until I was so disturbed I closed the page and vowed that I will never, ever, ever visit Omegle again.

I'm not going to say that I don't recommend going on Omegle, I am actually going to tell you do not go on Omegle. Oh and yes, I have found out what 'asl' means and I shan't be using it again.

- Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment